There’s nothing too groundbreaking to say from this week. It’s been podcast interviews, seeing friends and a day-long binge of Stranger Things.
What I can share are some (in my opinion) interesting things I’ve been reading/ listening to in case you’re after some distraction this weekend:
- Album I’ve been enjoying: Run Home Slow by The Teskey Brothers
- High brow conversation: Kwame Anthony Appiah interviewed by Tyler Cowen
- (Two) favourite newsletters
- Favourite procrastination: Reddit in general. Recently I’ve enjoyed /AccidentalRenaissance
- Interesting article: 10 Universal Laws of the World
- Silly habit I’ve started: standing on one leg whilst brushing my teeth
If any of the above sparks something you’d like to share then please do, I’m always interested to hear what people are up to.
In other news…
I’m spending the weekend in rural Western Kenya visiting my friend’s wife’s family.
We have a full itinerary with the in-laws, including harvesting maize (’tis the season), and heading up to the main town on the Ugandan border.
Will share more info once we’re back.
This post originally featured in the weekly newsletter I write. If you’d like to sign up to receive it every Saturday (usually there’s some interesting links, thoughts etc.), you can do so below: