One of the projects I’m working on at the moment is a podcast that explores things that seem peculiar as an outsider in Denmark.
I had the reverse experience when I found myself reflecting on something that my friends/ family in the UK were doing quite naturally when the coronavirus lockdown kicked in: doing virtual quizzes.
At least three separate groups gravitated to the format as a way to socialise, which my girlfriend, and other international friends thought was quite odd.
Anyway, below is a selection of questions that have featured.
- What are the colours of the five rings on the Olympic flag?
- What building are these construction workers famously sitting on for lunch?
- Which Norse God is Wednesday named after?
- Which sport features an eskimo roll?
- Which job has the highest mortality rate in the US (at 9%)?
- Which country has the highest number of heavy metal bands per capita?
- Which country is the biggest exporter of wine?
- What does “tiramisu” literally translate to?
- What are the rows and columns on a chess board officially known as?
- Which is the strongest bone in the body?
Answers next week and a prize for whoever can reply with the most without Googling.
In other news…
I’ve rather annoyingly b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ developed an issue in my foot meaning it’s tough to walk on. If anyone has any good tips on how to treat plantar fasciitis I’d be very grateful!
This post originally featured in the newsletter I write. If you’d like to sign up to receive it at the start of each month, you can do so below: